Morpht provides Drupal site audits to report on the way a Drupal site has been implemented.
Not all sites are created equal.
Sites can be evaluated on a number of levels. On the most basic level they must "work", that is, do what they are intended to do. They must also work in a way which is natural and easy to understand for the users of the site. Apart from these most fundametal of requirements there are a number of other areas which are very important:
- the longevity of deployed modules
- the security of the code base
- the performance and scalability of the site
- the maintainability of the code base
- the strength and flexibility of the foundations allowing for extensions and modifications,
- the developer workflow fr updating the site.
If your site falls short in any of these other areas, the chances are you will run into trouble somewhere down the line. Your site might be hacked due to updates being applied or you may find it very difficult to add new features. Problems such as these can escalate so that the site enters a period of stasis. It then is unable to adapt to your changing requirements.
A site audit can uncover these problems
A site audit is able to uncover many of these problems. Once a problem has been identified, it can be recified - minimising risk and avoiding losses down the track.
A site audit is particularly helpful when you want:
- to evaluate the work carried out by a contractor to see if there are defects,
- to reduce technical debt or cruft which may have accumulated over time,
- to identify issues which need to be resolved before undertaking future development work.
The site audit process
Morpht runs through a series of checks on a site and will report back to you the findings and recommendations. The recommendations are written in a practical way so as your current team is able to take action to remedy the issues.
A basic site audit is carried out over the course of day. Larger or more complex sites may take longer. A Drupal site audit covers the following areas:
- core integrity
- contrib modules selection
- custom modules code review
- features and code encapsulation
- developer workflow
- content and data modelling
- on page SEO
- site configuration
A basic site audit does not include:
- full security audit for code vulnerabilities
- cross browser checks for client site functionality
- business logic checks for functionality
A site audit requires that we receive a copy of your code, files and database. This can be provided in a site archive format, making it easy for us to import. Once we receive your website we are able to prepare the report.
Please do not hesitate to get in contact with us if you would like a site audit.