Customer Underground is a fun customer review site where customers get to have their say. Morpht was able to provide a site which included reviews, ratings, mapping and a large database of Australian locations and businesses.
Morpht was responsible for the site planning and build. The site was built in Drupal 6 and has the following features:
- customer reviews and ratings,
- location pages for all suburbs in Australia,
- automatic importation of images from Flickr for each suburb,
- taxonomy terms for different business types,
- location and mapping for businesses
- advanced faceted searching using Solr,
- user login, validation and profile,
- business owners are associated with a business giving them editing capabilities
- recommended business based on a number of criteria,
- SEO optimized with good titles, paths, descriptions, links and semantic content,
- mobile site which works well on smaller devices,
- page caching for spikes in traffic,
- ratings metadata outputted as RDFa,
- integration with MailChimp service and
- integration with Facebook Connect.
Many of the features were supported by pre built modules available for Drupal, a testament to the platform’s modularity and flexibility. There was quite a bit of custom work done for parts of the site to augment these standard modules.